What Our Prices and Terms Mean
“Regular” (REG.) and “Original” (ORIG.) prices are offering prices. That means we offered the items in our stores or on marinaengines.com at those prices; however, we may not have sold the items at that price. So, the savings we show from regular prices may not be based on an actual sale of the item.
From time to time, we may use “Original” to mean the price of the offering when it was first made available by Marina Engines to the public. Therefore, some ”Original” (ORIG.) prices may not have been in effect during the past 90 days. That may happen for items on clearance. Also, intermediate price reductions may have been taken. For example, if an item is on clearance, we may keep reducing the price until we deplete our inventory. It might start at 25% off, and then proceed to 40%, 50% or more.
Sales apply to selected items only. In some cases, we may advertise an item as on sale for an event, but then decide to permanently reduce the price of that item based on sales performance. In those cases, the item will remain at a reduced price.
When we use the terms “Closeout,” “Discontinued,” “Clearance,” “Now,” “Permanent Markdown” or “Just Reduced,” it means the item has been permanently reduced and will not return to the original price. That happens, for example, if we trying to clear out inventory (a clearance or closeout sale) or if we’ve permanently reduced the price in order to sell through the product
“Orig/Now,” “Clearance,” “Closeout,” “Discontinued,” and “Special Purchase” offers are limited to stock on hand and while supplies last. Supplies may be limited because the item is often being cleared from inventory, or because we have obtained a limited supply to offer to our customers. When we offer these products online, as you might expect, we sometimes experience a high volume of orders in a very short period of time. If that happens, the orders we receive may exceed our stock on hand, we might have to cancel certain orders after they are accepted. We apologize for any inconvenience should this occur with your order.
When we advertise the MSRP, the MSRP is the retail price suggested by a third party, independent manufacturer with the reasonable belief that the product will be offered for sale at that price. It is not the price at which we are offering to sell the product. The lower, new price is the great deal we are offering you. If you have any questions about our pricing, please ask a sale representative for a copy of our pricing policy.
We work hard to ensure the accuracy of our pricing. Despite our best efforts, sometimes pricing errors still occur. While we try to ensure accuracy, we reserve the right to correct any errors in pricing or descriptions, and to cancel or refuse to accept any order based on an incorrect price or description. Such corrections may be made even after an order is accepted on line.
What do I need to do to get a price matched?
- Make sure that the product you are wishing to purchase qualifies for our Price Guarantee.
- Visit your local West Marine store, chat with an associate online or call 1-800-BOATING (262-8464) and let a Marina Engines Associate know you have an item to price match.
- Provide the name of the competitor, the item price and the advertisement, store or online location where you saw the price.
- The West Marine Associate will confirm the price of the item and that it meets all requirements for our price match guarantee, and match it.
- We guarantee that the price you pay will be the lowest price advertised or posted for an in-store purchase. If the price charged is higher than that price, you will receive the item free if the lowest price is $5.00 or less, or you will receive $5.00 off if the lowest price is greater than $5.00.
- There are items that Marina Engines will not price match; Coupon offers, Refurbished products, open box, damaged goods, auctions, which includes eBay, Amazon Marketplace, financing, deferred interest programs, freight, delivery and installation, in-store services, warranties and PLUS plans, Tax promotions, expired advertisements and ad errors, West Marine Pro prices for retail customers, competitors outside the USA, BOGO, Flash Sales, or Cyber Week Promotions, clearance products and going-out-of-business sales, loyalty promotions, rebates and gift with purchase.
- Marina Engines reserves the right to change one or more of the polices noted above at any time without prior notice and the policy in effect at the time you either return the product for refund or request a price match will apply.
Online—Your Shopping Cart
Items in your Shopping Cart reflect the current price displayed on the item’s product details page. This price may differ from the price displayed when the item was first placed in your Shopping Cart.
West Marine reserves the right to update or modify the terms of this policy at any time.