Extraordinary engineering for extraordinary speed.
When you’re feeding your need for speed, Mercury Pro XS engines will get you there faster. Engineered to meet the demands for high speeds on fresh or salt water, these high-performance motors deliver a winning combination of power, acceleration, durability, and fuel efficiency.
- Engine Details: Built to take you almost anywhere and nearly 20 pounds lighter than its closest competitor, it’s an incredibly fast high-output 150hp FourStroke outboard. Great for bass, offshore fishing, and runabout boats.
- Discover better boating: Active Trim by Mercury makes boating easier and more enjoyable by automatically trimming your engine. Active Trim simplifies boat operation while improving engine performance and decreasing fuel costs.
- HP / kW: 150 / 110
- Engine type: 8-valve single overhead cam (SOHC); Inline 4
- Displacement (CID/CC): 183
- Displacement (L): 3
- Full throttle RPM: 5200-6000
- Air induction: Performance-Tuned Scroll Intake Manifold
- Fuel induction system: Computer Controlled Multi-Port Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI)
- Recommended fuel: Unleaded Regular 87 Octane Minimum (R+M/2) or 90 RON 10% Ethanol Maximum
- Recommended oil: NMMA Certified FCW SAE 10W-30
- Engine protection operator warning system: SmartCraft Engine Guardian
- Compatible with SmartCraft digital technology: Yes
- Starting: Electric (turn-key)
- Controls: Mechanical throttle & shift
- Steering options: Dual cable mechanical; Hydraulic power steering
- Shaft length: 25″ / 635 mm
- Dry weight *Lightest model available: 456/207
- CARB star rating: 3
- Bore and stroke: 4.0″ x 3.6″ / 102mm x 92mm
- Ignition: SmartCraft ECM 07 Digital Inductive
- Cooling system: Water-cooled with thermostat
- Gear shift: F-N-R
- Trim system: Power Tilt; Power Trim
- Exhaust system: Through prop
- Oil Capacity: 6.3 qts / 6.0L
- Gearcase ratio: 2.08:1
Dry weight based on lightest model available.