Mercury Pro XS® outboards are engineered for those boaters who demand ultimate performance – anglers competing on the highly competitive tournament trails and powerboaters who simply crave speed and acceleration. Exclusive components and tuning extract every ounce of performance from each Pro XS model so you can take it to the limit.
- TorqueMaster Gearcase: The lightweight TorqueMaster gearcase (featured on select V8 models) has a 1.75:1 gear ratio and a robust 1.25-inch-diameter prop shaft designed for semi-surfacing, high-speed applications.
- Adaptive Speed Control: Adaptive Speed Control maintains a desired rpm regardless of changes in load or conditions without adjustments to the throttle lever position – a first for the outboard industry.
- Performance-Tuned Exhaust: Exhaust tone has been fine-tuned to provide a brawny performance-inspired sound quality that’s unmistakable on the water yet quieter than competing high-output engines.
- Transient Spark Technology: Transient Spark Technology electronically adjusts the ignition timing of the engine as needed. This subtle, automatic change produces additional torque for faster hole shot and acceleration.
- Extra Charging Power: A powerful alternator provides net charging output of 20 amps at idle and 85 amps at wide open throttle. Idle Charge battery-management technology automatically increases idle rpm to boost alternator output and recharge low batteries.
- Ultimate Performance: No outboard gets from zero to wide-open quicker than a Mercury Pro XS with 4.6L V8 and 3.4L V6 muscle. This is performance that will rocket your rig out of the hole and to the next hot spot in an instant.
- Tournament-Winning Torque: More displacement delivers more torque and Transient Spark technology optimizes spark timing to boost that torque during hole shot.
- Squeezing Speed from Fuel: Mercury V8 and V6 Pro XS models transform every drop of fuel into performance to deliver excellent economy at cruising speed and wide-open throttle.
- Smart Charging: A powerful alternator provides net charging output of 20 amps at idle and 85 amps at wide open throttle. Idle Charge battery-management technology automatically increases idle rpm to boost alternator output and recharge low batteries.
- Horsepower: 200
- Full throttle RPM: 5600-6200
- Engine type: V8
- Displacement (CID/CC): 279 CID
- Displacement (L): 4.6L
- Cylinder Configuration: V-8 [64 degree] with Dual Overhead Cam [DOHC] and 32-valves
- Starting: Electric Start with SmartStart Protection
- Gearcase ratio: 1.75:1 (TorqueMaster or 5.44″); 1.85:1 (4.8″)
- Alternator amp / Watt: 85-amp (1071 Watt) with Idle Charge
- Trim system: Power trim and tilt
- Dry weight *Lightest model available: 505 lbs / 229 kgs
- Steering options: Big Tiller (optional); Hydraulic (standard); Power (optional)
- Shaft length: 25″ / 635 mm
Dry weight based on lightest model available.