2020 Yamaha Marine F70
Yamaha F70 70 hp, 60 hp and 50 hp Mid-range four strokes are the go-to outboards for family, fishing and fun. Light and powerful, they sport 1-liter displacement, single-overhead-camshaft designs and electronic fuel injection. They deliver quick starts, high performance and incredible efficiency for aluminum fishing boats, pontoons and fiberglass boats. They also offer incredible trolling flexibility with Yamaha’s exclusive Variable Trolling RPM Switch. Available on the F70, F60 and F50, this allows anglers to adjust trolling speeds in 50-RPM increments. The Yamaha Mid-range 70-, 60- and 50-hp four strokes. Solid choices for any boater.
Our 1-liter 70-hp mid range features a two-piece upper case and 10 percent lighter pistons. Its up to 80 pounds lighter than other four-stroke competitors and the class-leader in power-to-weight. Combined with its 16-valve SOHC design and 17 percent larger intakes, and its one of the most responsive outboards on the water.
Using advanced features and technology to make it extremely light yet very powerful, the F70 is the ideal outboard for a myriad of lightweight boats.
Features may include:
- An advanced power head design features a single overhead camshaft (SOHC), yet with four valves per cylinder, for maximum power and efficiency. Total intake valve area is increased 17%, while the pistons and valves are up to 10% lighter (when compared to our T60 model), giving it substantially more horsepower-per-litre of engine displacement than competitive outboards, both four stroke and two stroke direct-injected.
LIGHTEST WEIGHT IN CLASS
- From the specially designed engine block to the two-piece upper case, every ounce of weight savings has been realized for maximum performance without sacrificing durability. Yamaha’s new F70 is not only the lightest four stroke 70 horsepower outboard, it’s even lighter than competitive two stroke direct-injected outboards.
PRECISE THROTTLE CONTROL
- All air entering the engine block of Yamaha’s new F70 four stroke is routed through a single throttle valve, to ensure the precise amount of air necessary for optimum power and fuel efficiency. It then enters each cylinder through individual long intake tracks, which are ‘pulse tuned’ to provide air at the precise volume and timing for maximum density and power.
MAXIMUM POWER AND EFFICIENCY
- Four individual compact electronic fuel injectors deliver the exact amount of fuel needed for optimum performance and economy. Controlled by the Engine Control Module via input from an array of on-engine sensors, their location just above the intake valves enhances fuel atomization, resulting in more efficient combustion.
MORE POWER , CLEANER EMISSIONS
- The F70 derives every bit of power available from the fuel by using Vapour Reduction and Vapour Burning Systems. By eliminating vapour from the fuel rail and re-routing it back to the Vapour Separator Tank, only fuel is injected in the cylinders for better combustion and power. A fuel vapour valve prevents fuel vapours from escaping to the atmosphere when the outboard is not running, and re-routes fuel vapours through the intake when the outboard is running. This helps achieve maximum fuel efficiency and minimum emissions.
PROTECTION FROM THE ELEMENTS
- The new F70 features a new outer cowling design with an intake air drain system, to easily and efficiently drain away any water that enters the cowling during normal engine operation. Incoming air is routed through a labyrinth of passages that help trap and drain water before it enters the engine’s intake, for maximum reliability.
QUIET, YET STRONG
- Yamaha’s F70 four stroke outboard utilizes a Long Span Mounting System, which uses large specially constructed rubber engine mounts placed as far apart vertically and horizontally as practically possible. Smooth and quiet operation, yet with strength and durability, is the result.
LARGE WATER SEPARATOR
- All-new F70 outboards feature a large, on-engine water separating fuel filter with a water sensor. Used in conjunction with Yamaha’s optional boat-mounted 10-Micron Water Separating Fuel Filter, it helps separate water and contaminants from the fuel before they can reach the outboard’s other filters and fuel injectors.